- Is the word trinity in the Bible? No.
- Does the Bible say that there are three persons in the Godhead?
- Does the Bible speak of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost? Yes.
- Do these titles as used in Matthew 28:19 mean that there are three
separate and distinct persons in the Godhead? No, they refer to three
offices, roles, or relationship to humanity.
- Does the Bible use the word three in reference to God? Only one
verse in the entire Bible does so-I John 5:7. It speaks of the Father,
the Word (instead of Son), and the Holy Ghost, and it concludes by
saying, "These three are one."
- Does the Bible use the word one in reference to God? Yes, many times.
For example, see Zechariah 14:9; Malachi 2:10; Matthew 23:9; Mark
12:29, 32; John 8:41; 10:30; Romans 3:30; I Corinthians 8:4; Galatians
3:20; I Timothy 2:5; James 2:19.
- Can the mystery of the Godhead be understood? Yes. Romans 1:20;
Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16.
- Has the Christian only one Heavenly Father? Yes. Matthew 23:9.
- Then why did Jesus say to Philip, "He that hath seen me hath seen
the Father" (John 14:39)? Because Jesus is the express image of God's
person. Hebrews 1:3. The Greek word for personin this verse literally
- Does the Bible say that there are two persons in the Godhead? No.
- Does the Bible say that all the Godhead is revealed in one person?
Yes, in Jesus Christ. II Corinthians 4:4; Colossians 1:19; 2:9; Hebrews
- Is the mystery of the Deity hidden from some people? Yes. Luke 10:21-22.
- Who is the Father? The Father is the one God, particularly as revealed
in parental relationship to humanity. Deuteronomy 32:6; Malachi 2:10.
- Where was God the Father while Jesus was on earth? The Father was
in Christ. John 14:10; II Corinthians 5:19. He was also in heaven,
for God is omnipresent.
- Did the prophet Isaiah say that Jesus would be the Father? Yes.
Isaiah 9:6; 63:16.
- When God said, "Let us make man in our image" (Genesis 1:26), was
He speaking to another person in the Godhead? No. Isaiah 44:24; Malachi
- How many of God's qualities were in Christ? All. Colossians 2:9.
- How may we see the God who sent Jesus into the world? By seeing
Jesus. John 12:44-45; 14:9.
- Does the Bible say that Jesus is the Almighty? Yes. Revelation 1:8
- Whom do some designate as the first person in the trinity? God the
- Whom do some designate as the last person in the trinity? The Holy
Ghost. But Jesus said that He was the first and last. Revelation 1:17-18
- How many persons did John see sitting on the throne in heaven? One.
- If Jesus is the first and the last, why did God say in Isaiah 44:6
that He was the first and the last? Because Jesus is the God of the
Old Testament incarnate.
- Did Jesus tell Satan that God alone should be worshipped? Yes. Matthew
- Does the devil believe in more than one God? No. James 2:19.
- Does the Bible say that God, who is the Word, was made flesh? Yes
John 1:1, 14.
- For what purpose was God manifested in the flesh? To save sinners.
Hebrews 2:9, 14.
- Was Jesus God manifested in the flesh? Yes. I Timothy 3:16.
- Could Jesus have been on earth and in heaven at the same time? Yes.
- Does the Bible say that there is but one Lord? Yes. Isaiah 45:18;
- Does the Bible say that Christ is the Lord? Yes. Luke 2:11.
- Does the Bible say that the Lord is God? Yes. I kings 18:39; Zechariah
14:5; Acts 2:39; Revelation 19:1.
- How could the church belong to Jesus (Matthew 16:18) and yet be
the church of God (I Corthians 10:32)? Because Jesus is God in the
- Will God give His glory to another? No. Isaiah 42:8.
- Was there a God formed before Jehovah, or will there be one formed
after? No. Isaiah 43:10.
- What is one thing that God does not know? Another God. Isaiah 44:8.
- What is one thing that God Cannot do? Lie. Titus 1:2.
- How many Gods should we know? Only one. Hosea 13:4.
- How many names has the Lord? One. Zechariah 14:9.
- Is it good to think upon the name of the Lord? Yes. Malachi 3:16.
- Does the Bible say that God alone treads upon the waves of the sea?
Yes. Job 9:8
- Why, then, was Jesus able to walk upon the Sea of Galilee (Matthew
14:25)? Because He is God the Creator. Colossians 1:16.
- Is God the only one who can forgive sin? Yes. Isiah 43:25; Mark
- Why, then, could Jesus forgive sin in Mark 2:5-11? Because He is
God the Savior.
- Is Jesus the true God? Yes. I John 5:20.
- If God and the Holy Ghost are two separate persons, which was the
Father of Christ? Matthew 1:20 says that the Holy Ghost was the Father,
while Romans 15:6, II Corinthians 11:31, and Ephesians 1:3 say that
God was the Father. There is no contradiction when we realize that
God the Father and the Holy Ghost are one and the same Spirit. Matthew
10:20; Epheasians 4:4; I Corthians 3:16.
- When Paul asked the Lord who He was, what was the answer? "I am
Jesus." Acts 9:5.
- When Stephen was dying, did he call God Jesus? Yes. Acts 7:59.
- Did Thomas ever call Jesus God? Yes. John 20:28.
- How could Jesus be the Savior, when God the Father said in Isaiah
43:11, "Beside me there is no Savior?" Because "God was in Christ,
reconciling the world unto himself." II Corinthians 5:19.
- Does the Bible say that Jesus was God with us? Yes. Matthew 1:23.
- Did Jesus ever say, "I and my Father are one?" Yes. John 10:30.
- Can it be proved scripturally that Jesus and the Father are one
in the same sense that husband and wife are one? No. The Godhead was
never compared to the relationship of a husband and wife. Jesus identified
Himself with the Father in a way that husband and wife cannot be identified
with each other. John 14:9-11.
- Does the Bible say that there is only one wise God? Yes. Jude 25.
- Does the Bible call the Holy Ghost a second or third person in the
Godhead? No. The Holy Ghost is the one Spirit of God, the one God
Himself at work in our lives. John 4:24; I Corthians 3:16-17; 6:19;
- Can Trinitarians show that three divine persons were present when
Jesus was baptized by John? Absolutely not. The one, omnipresent God
used three simultaneous manifestations. Only one divine person was
present--Jesus Christ the Lord.
- Then what were the other two of whom Trinitarians speak? One was
a voice from heaven; the other was the Spirit of God in the form of
a dove. Matthew 3:16-17.
- What did the voice say at Jesus' baptism? "Thou art my beloved Son,
in whom I am well pleased." Mark 1:11. As the Son of God, Jesus was
the one God incarnate.
- Does the Bible say that God shed His blood and that God laid down
His life for us? Yes. Acts 20:28; I John 3:16. God was able to do
this because He had taken upon Himself a human body.
- The Bible says that God is coming back with all his saints (Zechariah
14:5) and also that Jesus is coming back with all his saints (I Thessalonians
3:13). Are two coming back? No. Only one is coming back--our great
God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Titus 2:13.